Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Lily Tang Williams...Thank You!

Lily Tang Williams is a Chinese immigrant who has three children attending public school here in America. Lily grew up in Communist China. This brave, strong, and very admirable woman decided to speak out when she noticed very striking and disturbing similarities between her education as a child under Communist rule, and the education her children are exposed to under the Communist Core. Oops. Did I say that? Um, I mean, Common Core.


What a beautiful little girl she was. But look at her face. Although a little smile plays on her lips, if you cover her mouth and look into her eyes, what do you see? 

I see a person who is deep in thought. I see an old soul. But most of all, I see scrutiny. I may be wrong. It appears to me that she is aware, maybe subconsciously, that she is a prisoner in her own country. She managed to escape. 


I'm sure you remember Tienanmen Square back in 1989. Do not, for one second, think it's impossible for something similar to occur on American soil.

This was my reaction when I saw Tienanmen Square on the news as a child, and this was also my reaction when I watched Lily's video:


Just shock. As in, holy moly. 

The lady really has a point. You can also see how emotionally painful it is for her to talk about.

This goes so much deeper than a controversial education issue that Americans can't agree on. 


Even some of the most leftist Liberals and Right -Wing Conservatives can find common ground and admit that the implementation of CCSS is a blatant move on the part of our government (and The Gates...remember, they fund CCSS) to suppress our children's ability to question authority, think independently, and grow to be creative and progressive adults. 


I can't see any other reason why that is occuring other than to slowly strip us of our freedom. If you study any communist/facist society, you will see that indoctrination begins in schools and the first people to be silenced are teachers.


The imposition of Common Core on schools, children, families, teachers, on our entire society, is an issue that crosses political boundaries. I know of Democrats, Republicans, Liberals, and Independents who all feel Common Core needs to go. Now, before it's too late. As a collective unit of citizens who value everything America stands for, the obliteration of CCSS is absolutely imperative. Now that you've watched the entire video (I hope :P..it's only 9 minutes of your day ) I'm sure you can see why.


Many of you may have already seen this video, but it's news to me. I found it, I believe, on the facebook page of my new, and very intelligent friends, The Badass Teachers (otherwise known as BATs). They post, several times a day, very insightful and progressive information regarding the scary turn Education has taken in beautiful America. Check them out.

Have a great day and enjoy your FREEDOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment